Woman demonstrates it is possible to shed three stone in a year's time
Published: 26 February 2017, 03:43 EST | Updated: 27 February 2017, 03:15 EST
A woman who was having heated arguments with her family about her body decided to make a drastic lifestyle change with the help of her famous personal trainer brother - and has slimmed down from a size 16 to a size 12 in just 12 weeks.
Connie Simmonds, 24, of Ealing, West London, enlisted the assistance of her personal trainer brother, Bradley, who works with footballers John Terry and Theo Walcott, to develop a 12-week plan.
She has lost four inches from her waist and can now comfortably shop at Zara and Topshop without having to reach for oversized T-shirts and leggings. '
Connie and Bradley's collaboration was so successful that they recently co-wrote a 12-week slimming guide, Lose Weight Like Me, which has already sold 500 copies.
Connie Simmonds, 24, of Ealing, West London, enlisted the help of her personal trainer brother, Bradley, to devise a 12-week plan and has gone from a size 16 to a size 12 in just 12 weeks.
Bradley devised the strategy in collaboration with footballers John Terry and Theo Walcott. He has hundreds of thousands of Instagram followers.
Connie told FEMAIL about her decision to lose weight: 'Enough was enough; I realized I was 24 years old and had never once liked or enjoyed my body in a bikini or dress; I should really be in my prime.' '
Connie explained that having a stomach infection for a year and then discovering she had a slightly fatty liver as a result of her lifestyle provided her with the wake-up call she needed.
'I'm sure a lot of people aren't aware of what's going on inside,' she said. 'I've realized that in order to stay consistent and motivated, you have to be concerned with everything on the inside: your bones, organs, and muscles.'
'This gives what you eat and how you exercise much more meaning and purpose.' '
She has lost 4 inches from her waist and can now comfortably shop at Zara and Topshop without reaching for oversized T-shirts and leggings (left: after, right: before).
Connie told FEMAIL about her decision to lose weight: 'Enough was enough; I realized I was 24 years old and had never once liked or enjoyed my body.'
Bradley, who has hundreds of thousands of Instagram followers as a result of his no-nonsense fitness plan, provided his sister with a workout and a healthy eating plan.
'I used to scream and shout for my family to leave me alone and would make up any excuse under the sun,' she explained.
'However, my brother has inspired me to become more active in order to gain confidence.' He's taught me the value of self-acceptance. '
BREAKFAST: Omlette with five times the glow
3 free range medium eggs, 1/4 courgette, 4 mushrooms, 1/2 bell pepper, 1 spring onion, handful spinach, 5g feta cheese, chilli flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (You can use any vegetable you want.)
1. Cut the vegetables into 1p-2p pieces or slices.
2. Gently fry the vegetables, except the spinach, in a nonstick skillet with half a teaspoon of oil (preferably coconut oil) until soft.
3. Beat 3 eggs in a bowl and add to the frying pan, covering all of the vegetables evenly.
4. Garnish with spinach, feta, and chili seeds.
5. Cover with a lid or place under the grill to ensure it is fully cooked. Microwave: Place all of the ingredients (except the feta) in a Tupperware and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye on it as it grows.
LUNCH: Loaded with Love Potato Skins
1 large sweet potato, 1 chicken breast, 2 inches of chopped chorizo sausage, 1 spring onion, 1/4 courgette, 1/2 red pepper, and a dollop soured cream
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C and prick the sweet potato before placing it in the oven. Cooking time is approximately 40 minutes. Alternatively, heat on high for 6-8 minutes before finishing in the oven to crisp the skin.
2. While the sweet potato cooks, chop all of the ingredients (except the soured cream) into small chunks and gently fry in coconut oil.
3. Cut the sweet potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the center, leaving about a 3cm radius to enjoy (use leftover sweet potato for mash in another dish).
4. Fill it with your filling and serve with a dollop of soured cream on top. Fill the potato with your favorite vegetables and lean protein--it doesn't have to be meat.
DINNER: The Most Attractive Salmon
1 large salmon fillet, 60g wholegrain rice, 2 pak choi bulbs, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 inch ginger, large pinch of chilli flakes, tbsp honey, and 3 tbsp soy sauce/Tamari
1. Boil the wholegrain rice until soft, then proceed as directed below.
2. Separate the pak choi and gently steam or boil it. This should take approximately 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a pan and add the salmon fillet, skin side down.
4. While these are cooking, combine the soy sauce, chili, ginger, garlic, and honey to make an Asian-style sauce for your salmon.
5. Begin by plating the rice, then top with the salmon and Pak Choi, and drizzle with the Asian dressing.
Connie enjoys the fact that she never goes hungry and that she can eat foods like loaded potato skins, chili con carne, roast dinner, and even red velvet brownies.
'I tried every slimming club and they never worked for me because the snacks are high in sugar and low in fat.' 'This guide focuses on a high protein, high fat diet with lots of vegetables and low carbs,' she explained.
Connie works out four times per week, but some of her workouts are "quick 20-minute interval sprinting exercises." 'I literally give 110 percent on the treadmill in a short period of time, and it fits so well into my hectic schedule,' she explained.
'I can't believe I'm wearing size 12 clothes again after six years,' Connie concluded.
'My goal is to get to a healthy size 10-12 because that fits my body shape, and I want to continue to inspire women to look and feel beautiful from the inside out.' '
Connie works out four times per week, but some of her workouts are "quick 20-minute" interval sprinting exercises.
'I literally give 110 percent on the treadmill in a short space of time and it fits so well into my busy schedule,' she says of her quick workouts.
Monday (Core exercise)
Plank for one minute
30 seconds of shoulder tapping
Cross climber for 30 seconds
Toe touch plank for 30 seconds
20 regular sit-ups
20 crunches on a bicycle
Russian twists in 30 seconds
Rest for 1 minute before repeating x 3
It will burn and hurt, but that is simply your muscles at work, so push them.
10 minutes of cross-training (at level 10)
10 minutes cross trainer (level 10) with the goal of not stopping
6kmh walk in 5 minutes
Jog for 5 minutes (10kmh)
Bike on level 4 until you reach 5 kilometers.
Stretch and drink plenty of water.
Wednesday (upper body)
Using a barbell (ten to fifteen kilograms):
Military Press (10 reps)
Ten reps of bent-over rowing
10 reps bicep curls
10 reps of press-ups (knees optional).
Plank for one minute
Repeat 3 times more.
1500 meters rowing machine (level 6)
30 minute fast walk (6kmh) outside or on the treadmill, followed by stretching
Support for Coping with the Passing of Your Feline CompanionLosing a beloved pet can bring about immense emotions of grief and uncertainty. When dealing with the passing of your feline friend, you may be unsure of what steps to take next. To assist you during this challenging time, we provide advice and
Opt for a Scientifically-Proven Learning MethodSome subjects can be mastered independently to attain an A or A* grade. Fortunately, Biology is one of them! There is a straightforward learning technique that can help you achieve this. We refer to it as the scribble technique, highlighted by an Amazon
Do you use your mobile phone to stay in touch with your loved ones, save cherished moments, and work from any location? Do you carry it around with you everywhere you go? Losing your phone or tablet can be a major setback for your personal and professional life. Fortunately, Samsung's range of
If you are concerned about cleaning and sanitizing your dog's wounds, Hibiscrub is a reliable disinfectant that can combat bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Although it is commonly used in medical facilities, you can also use it at home.In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits, side effects, and safe