Services for Cleaning and Repairing Jewelry
Visit a H Samuel store, where our friendly team is always happy to help you with any of your queries, from advice on caring for your special jewelry pieces to professional jewelry repair services. To schedule an in-store appointment, please click here.
All types of jewelry should be handled with care and consideration. Jewelry is often an investment that people cherish and hold sentimental value to, which is why it is critical to keep them in pristine condition. You should inspect your jewelry on a regular basis for signs of damage or wear and tear, and if you find any, we recommend having them repaired as soon as possible. We have all the information you need to protect your divine jewelry, whether it's a delicate pearl necklace, a luxurious diamond engagement ring, or a beautiful gold bracelet.
To help maintain its incredible sparkle and stand the test of time, you must consider the cleaning and storing processes you use to ensure the good upkeep of your diamond rings, bracelets, necklaces, and more.
How to Keep Diamonds Safe:
- Because one diamond can easily scratch and cause damage to another, we recommend that you store them separately, either in a jewellery box, the original box they were purchased in, or a soft pouch.
Diamond cleaning instructions:
- Cleaning your diamonds should be done as gently as possible; gently clean with a mild cleaning solution, then thoroughly rinse with water and dry with a soft cloth to help ensure the diamonds retain their luster.
Taking Care of Silver
Keep your silver jewelry in pristine condition by following these recommendations, which will help you avoid any misuse and will guide you on the best ways to store and clean your silver.
How to Keep Silver Safe:
- To avoid scratches from other jewelry, keep your silver jewelry in a soft pouch when storing it. Also, keep silver out of direct sunlight when not in use, as this can cause discoloration.
Silver cleaning instructions:
- We recommend avoiding contact with perfume, hairspray, and any strong household cleaning products when cleaning silver at home, as this can affect the shine of the silver. To gently clean your silver jewelry, simply use washing up liquid in warm water and a soft toothbrush.
Our noble platinum metals are 95% pure platinum, and as with all precious metals, platinum can scratch and dent if not handled with care. To maintain the beautiful finish of your platinum ring, chain, or bracelet, it is recommended that you avoid wearing it when performing heavy duties, sports, or any activities where it may come into contact with hard surfaces.
How to Keep Platinum Safe:
- Although scratches and dents on platinum pieces are simply movement of the metal and no volume is lost, it is recommended to store platinum jewelry separately from other pieces within a jewellery box or inside a soft pouch to help avoid any defects.
- When cleaning your platinum jewelry, avoid using harsh chemicals as they may cause discoloration. Instead, use soap and warm water to soak the pieces in and then dry with a soft cloth. If there are existing heavy marks that will not wash away, polishing can be used to remove them.
Taking Care of Gold
Follow our tips on how to store and clean gold jewelry to ensure it retains its timeless appearance and can be enjoyed for years to come. If you have white gold jewelry, keep in mind that it has been enhanced with rhodium plating, which results in a highly reflective white surface that may lose brightness over time. H As long as you have proof of purchase, Samuel will re-rhodium plate any white gold jewelry purchased from us free of charge within 12 months.
How to Keep Gold Safe:
- When it comes to storing your gold jewelry, whether it's a gold ring, necklace, bracelet, or more, it's best to keep it separate from other metal types to avoid discoloration.
Gold cleaning instructions:
- It is critical to keep gold jewelry away from chlorine and harsh chemicals, as these can weaken the structure and tarnish the finish. Polish gold jewelry on a regular basis to keep its vibrant shine by soaking it in soap and water and cleaning it with a soft cloth.
Taking Care of Your Gemstones
Every gemstone is precious, whether it is a ruby, sapphire, topaz, or amethyst, so take care and consideration when cleaning and storing your beautiful gemstone pieces.
How to Keep Gemstones Safe:
- After wearing your gemstone jewelry, it is best to store it in a soft pouch or lined jewelry box to avoid scratches or markings on the gemstone.
- Depending on the gemstone, avoid contact with soap, water, and liquid cleaners. It is also best to avoid using harsh chemicals such as chlorine or detergents, which can erode the gems and cause dulling. If you have any questions about the cleaning process for your specific gemstone, please contact a member of our helpful team.
Pearls are one-of-a-kind, delicate gems that are classified as soft stones and thus require extra care and consideration.
How to Keep Pearls Safe:
- If possible, keep your pearl jewelry in the original box it came in to avoid being scratched by other stones or precious metals. If you wear your pearl jewelry frequently, they will need to be restrung about once a year, so check for any damage and bring them to your local H&M. If they require any special attention, they should go to Samuel's store. Click Here to locate your nearest store.
Pearl cleaning instructions:
- It is best to simply clean pearls with a soft, dry cloth. Because pearls are a soft stone with a low resistance to heat and chemicals, it is critical to avoid using any cleaning solutions and direct contact with perfume as this can affect the pearls' appearance.
With our professional jewelry repair service, you can breathe new life into your old or damaged jewelry. Samuel
What types of repair services do we provide?
- Resetting and replacement of diamonds and gemstones
- Pearl re-threading and a variety of beaded necklaces
- Replacements and repairs to catches, shanks, settings, and clasps
- Free re-rhodium plating on any white gold jewelry purchased from us within the next 12 months with proof of purchase.
- Ring resizing service; you can also check your ring size by clicking here.
How long does it take to repair jewelry and how much does it cost?
Most minor repairs can be completed while you are in-store; otherwise, when you book your jewelry repair with us, our team will give you an estimated completion date. The cost of repairs is determined by the type of jewelry and the amount of repair work required. If you bring your jewelry into your local H&M, the team can give you a FREE price estimate. Samuel Click Here to locate the nearest store.
As part of Our Sparkle Service Promise, all of our repairs are guaranteed for a full year. Your statutory rights are unaffected, and it applies from the time you collect your repaired item from us and covers both materials and workmanship.
Undoubtedly, you have been following the 2016 Rio Olympics for the past few weeks; if not actively watching, then discussing it with others or at least listening to people chat about it. If you haven't, where have you been? I can scarcely believe it's over. What am I going to do with my evenings? At
Upon registering to vote, your name is included in the electoral roll. This affords you the opportunity to participate in local and national elections, but it also provides significant financial benefits that are not widely known.By registering for the electoral roll, your credit score can be improved,
It is of utmost importance that care workers uphold their duty of care and duty of candour.Here, we will delve into the meaning of "duty of care," its relevance to care workers, and its correlation with "duty of candour."What is Duty of Care? "Duty of care" is the moral, legal, or professional
Formula 1 has experienced a third consecutive year of audience growth, both through TV and digital channels. The global TV audience has reached its highest since 2012, with a total cumulative audience of 1.922 billion, representing a 9% increase on last year. The top five markets by audience are Brazil,