Recipe for Dozer's birthday dog cake!
A recipe for a dog cake in honor of Dozer's birthday. A two-layer cake topped with fluffy "buttercream"... However, it is made with healthy dog-friendly ingredients.
Aren't you curious how I made that frosting? 😜
(I'm looking for Pupcakes.) It's right here!)
Dozer's birthday cake is a dog.
"That frosting tastes strange," grumbled Dozer's neighbor's husband. Can you imagine how happy she was when she told him he'd just eaten a DOG cake? 😂
"It serves him right for helping himself to whatever looks tasty," she smirked as she told me. I snorted because I was laughing so hard at the vision.
Who could blame him? The goal of making this cake was to make it look like a traditional birthday cake piled high with fluffy buttercream frosting - but with a twist. ingredients suitable for dogs
So it tastes nothing like what it looks like - it's a complete shambles.
OK, I know you're dying to know how I made the cake look so "real," so I'll spare you the suspense. Here's how it works:
Healthy dog sponge cake is similar to a low-fat, sugar-free carrot cake.
Fluffy whipped potato "frosting" resembles buttercream but is dog-friendly. While we humans would not put potato frosting on a cake, our canines will not object. Don't be fooled by visually appealing cakes piled high with cream cheese or other high fat or high dairy frosting. It is harmful to dogs.
Dog sponge cake that is healthy
This is a healthy dog-friendly carrot cake recipe. It's a moist sponge that's very easy to make - just dump and mix - and all of the ingredients are either good for dogs or okay for dogs to eat in moderation. I've included some nutrition information for each ingredient in the recipe below.
(PS: I hope you noticed that I said this is a moist sponge.) We shouldn't lower our standards just because it's a dog cake. 😂)
Canine-friendly fluffy frosting
Using fluffy whipped mashed potato Okay, so it's not something you'd put on a cake for humans - but remember, this is for dogs.
I wanted a dog-friendly frosting that looked exactly like vanilla buttercream and could be used for sandwiching layers, frosting, and piping. Most dog cake frosting recipes I found use yogurt and peanut butter, which are both too soft for dogs, and too much of either of those ingredients is harmful to them.
Whipped mashed potatoes are the solution. I got the idea from my Meatloaf Cupcakes, which I piped on mashed potato swirls years ago.
I use yogurt to give it a creamy soft "buttercream frosting" consistency because yogurt contains probiotics, which are beneficial to dogs. However, water works just as well.
Look how well it works as cake frosting! It appears to be almost identical to real buttercream frosting.
Dozer's birthday celebration 🎉
A cake this good (and large) begs to be shared. And what better way to celebrate than with an impromptu birthday bash at the beach?
It was total chaos, as one might expect, and my vision of an adorable photo of all the dogs wearing party hats sitting patiently behind the cake didn't come true. (That was pure wishful thinking on my part.)
Hats were swiped off within seconds of being put on, which is why you only see photos of one dog wearing a hat at a time, and the swarm of wet dogs. The sandy golden retrievers around the cake were such a hazard that I had to pick the cake up and flee at one point.
The birthday boy, on the other hand, tried to eat the cake before it was even served.
But, suffice it to say, it was his ideal birthday. The beach, all of his best friends, and a massive cake What more could a dog want?
The only difference between today and any other day in Dozer's life was the presence of cake. 😂
Dozer, happy birthday! Another year older, but no wiser But I wouldn't change a thing about you; I adore you exactly as you are. ~ Nagi x
See how to make it.
For the most up-to-date information, sign up for my newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Servings 20 - 30 dogs
To scale, tap or hover.
Above is a recipe video. A dog cake with "frosting" that appears so real that it has been eaten by unwitting people on numerous occasions. Made with dog-friendly ingredients and a delicious peanut butter aroma It's safe for humans to consume, but it tastes strange to our taste buds.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F (fan 160°C).
- 2 x 20cm/8" cake pans, greased and lined
- Whisk together the eggs, peanut butter, oil, honey, and milk (a few peanut butter lumps are fine).
- Add carrots and mix well. Then stir in the flour and baking soda until just combined (overmixing = hard cake = unhappy birthday pooch).
- Spread and smooth the batter evenly between the cake pans.
- 25 minutes in the oven, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on racks Frost as described below
Fluffy Frosting for Dogs:
- Cook, steam, or microwave the potato until it is very soft.
- Whip the potato and yoghurt together with an electric mixer until as fluffy and smooth as possible (it won't be completely smooth) - about 1 1/2 minutes on medium speed (speed 5).
- As needed, add water to loosen the frosting to a soft, spreadable consistency (similar to human buttercream frosting). ) Use while it's still warm (it "sets" as it cools).
- 1/4 cup frosting on one cake
- Place another cake on top. Frost the tops and sides of the cupcakes with the remaining frosting, reserving some for piping decorations if desired (3/4 cup frosting).
- Eggs are a high-protein source for dogs.
- Peanut butter is a "treat" element that dogs adore. Gives the cake a delicious peanut butter flavor, 2 5 teaspoon per slice
- Oil is used sparingly, about 1/2 teaspoon per slice.
- If you are concerned about your dog consuming dairy, substitute water. Exercises at 1 5 tsp per serving, and keep in mind that it's cooked
- 3/4 teaspoon honey per slice for a touch of sweetness You may skip if you prefer.
- Carrot - Carrot is beneficial to dogs. I put a lot of carrot in Dozer's food. Aso moistens the sponge. Substitute zucchini or sweet potato
- Wholewheat / wholemeal flour - Carbohydrates, like humans, are fine to consume in moderation.
- Baking soda - to raise the sponge
- Potato - Similar to flour, cooked potato is safe to eat in moderation. It's a better, healthier alternative to slathering the cake with peanut butter yogurt frosting, which seems to be the norm for dog cake recipes. Too much yogurt or peanut butter is bad for our dogs (whether commercial sweetened spread or pure unsweetened peanut butter, both are high in fat). Some yogurt is beneficial to dogs, but not in large quantities.)
- Yogurt - Probiotics in yogurt are beneficial to dogs' digestive systems, just as they are to humans. If your dog is allergic to dairy, simply use water.
Calories: 157 cal (8%) Carbohydrates: 20 g (7%) Protein: 4 g (8%) Fat: 6 g (9%) Fat Saturated: 1 g (6%) Cholesterol: 16 mg (5%) Sodium: 204 mg (9%) Potassium: 241 mg (7%) Fiber: 1 g (4%) Sugar: 5 g (6%) Vitamin A: 1060 IU (21%) Vitamin C: 4.4 mg (5%) Calcium: 30 mg (3%) Iron: 2 mg (11%)
Keywords: Dog cake recipe, dog birthday cake
Because this entire post is dedicated to Dozer, there is no reason to break tradition by leaving out the Life of Dozer section.
So here he is, in his first recipe video. Shooting with Dozer in the video was a little difficult...... if he had his way, he'd have eaten the batter raw. 😂
From our earliest years, we are taught the simple act of switching off a light when we leave a room. As energy costs continue to skyrocket, we all become more sensitive to wasting electricity. But what is the true cost of leaving a light on? And how much is this adding to your monthly bills?As we are
Undoubtedly, Sky broadband provides excellent and dependable Wi-Fi coverage across the United Kingdom. Nevertheless, issues such as "black spots" can still happen, and customers might not have access to their Wi-Fi outside their property, like their front porch or garden. If you encounter these
London Bound: Your Travel Guide from TehranAre you ready to fly from Tehran to London? Plan your trip with this itinerary for a commercial flight, and consider including time at the airports to calculate your total travel time to London. You can also customize this itinerary to choose nearby airports
If you're looking to get in touch with loved ones in Germany while abroad, there are a few things you should know. To call a landline or mobile number in Germany, you'll need to follow a specific dialing format that starts with the IDD or exit code. The country code for Germany is 49, and you'll need to