Notify us of any alterations to your Council Tax.

Update Your Council Tax Information

Kindly ensure that any changes affecting the amount of council tax you pay are reported to the Council within 21 days. This includes both increases and decreases in the amount you owe. Failure to notify us promptly will result in a penalty of £70.00. Repeat offenses may incur a penalty of £280.00.

Amend Name on Council Tax Bill

Get Single Person Discount for Council Tax

If you are the sole occupant over 18 years old in your household, you may be eligible for a 25% reduction in your council tax bill.

To qualify for this discount, you must already be registered with us for council tax payments in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Apply for Single Person Discount

If you no longer meet the criteria for a single person discount, please inform us.

Cancel Single Person Discount

Notify us about your Change of Address

If you have recently moved, please inform us within 14 days so that we can send you an accurate council tax bill. You can notify us if you have moved in, moved out, or if you have relocated within Newcastle upon Tyne.

We require the following details:

  • Full names of all adults in the household
  • If you are an existing council tax payer in Newcastle, please provide your current account reference number
  • Complete address details
  • Landlord information if you are renting
  • Solicitor details if you have bought or sold a property
  • Bank details if you prefer to pay by Direct Debit

Notify us of your Address Change

Landlords: Notify us of Tenancy Changes

It is important to notify us of any changes in your tenancy agreements. Tenants may not always inform us immediately when they move in or out of a property.

When our records show that a property is vacant, landlords are responsible for paying the Council Tax.

Please inform us as soon as possible  so that we can ensure the correct liable party receives the Council Tax bill.

Notify us of Tenancy Changes

Changes in Circumstances for Council Tax Support

It is crucial to inform us of any changes in your circumstances within 21 days.

If you receive Universal Credit, you must also notify the Department for Work and Pensions of any changes.

Changes you need to inform us about include:

  • Anyone in your household getting a job, changing their job, or leaving their job
    • If you or anyone residing with you receives any type of pension payment
    • If any of your children depart from school or move out of your household
    • If there are any changes in the residency status of individuals in your home, including lodgers and sub-tenants
    • If there is a modification in your income (inclusive of benefits) or the income of anyone residing with you
    • If there are any alterations in your capital, savings, or investments
    • If you or anyone residing with you becomes a student, embarks on a training program, or enters a hospital, nursing home, or prison
    • If you change your place of residence
    • If you or your partner will be away from home for at least one month
    • If there is a death in your household
    • If you receive any decision from the Home Office
    • Or if there are any changes to information you have previously provided

    It is essential to inform us about any modifications promptly. Do not depend on others to relay the message.

    For any adjustments in your Council Tax Support circumstances, please refer to the following link: Council Tax Support - Change to circumstances

    Please note that the aforementioned list is not exhaustive.

    If you are unable to find the desired information, kindly visit the Council Tax useful forms section.

Locating Wall Studs without the Aid of a Stud Detection Device
Locating Wall Studs without the Aid of a Stud Detection Device

If you find yourself in the position of wanting to hang pictures or a new TV and you desire to add some wall decor to create a more unified and finished look in your room, it is important to consider the preparations required before taking up that hammer.In order to securely hang any heavy items such as

Author: Katty Macwell Author: Katty Macwell
Posted: 2023-08-02 00:14:31
£300 Spent on Beauty: How to Save £1,000 in 24 Hours
£300 Spent on Beauty: How to Save £1,000 in 24 Hours

Last updated: 07:06 EDT, 18 May 2021Critics of the television program How to Save a Grand in 24 Hours have strongly criticized a mother who spent £300 per month on beauty products but claimed she couldn't afford to remedy the black mold that was growing in her son's bedroom.Anna Wallace, hailing from

Author: Katty Macwell Author: Katty Macwell
Posted: 2023-08-01 00:46:54
Watching the film 'No Return' worldwide: an online guide.
Watching the film 'No Return' worldwide: an online guide.

Learn how to stream the latest drama, 'No Return,' starring Sheridan Smith. Looking to watch the captivating holiday drama, No Return, online? Discover where you can find the thrilling series.Strongly following the journey of Kathy (Sheridan Smith) and Martin Powell (Michael Jibson), a married couple

Author: Katty Macwell Author: Katty Macwell
Posted: 2023-08-01 00:24:24
Booking an Appointment with a Doctor
Booking an Appointment with a Doctor

If you're interested in scheduling a doctor's appointment using the myGP app, you'll need to follow these steps on your smartphone:1. Input your mobile number and date of birth. It's important to note that this must be the mobile number you provided when registering at your GP surgery.2. Conduct a

Author: Katty Macwell Author: Katty Macwell
Posted: 2023-08-01 00:24:18
Showing page 1 of 45 will become your partnet who provides you with full of helpful advice on
how to better your everyday life. - since 2022

Gen in 0.1271 secs