Essential Equipment Needed for Your Next Project
To partake of the pleasures of Freeview, make sure you have the following tools ready:
1. Freeview-Enabled TV, Box or RecorderIf you purchased your TV after 2010, it should have built-in Freeview that only requires connection to a functional aerial for live TV streaming.
If you own a Freeview Play TV, HD channels await you. Should you want to pause, rewind and record live TV, you can upgrade to a Freeview Play recorder or a Freeview Play - check out the products available on our Freeview Products Page.
Moreover, Freeview Play device users have access to the benefits of live TV and catch-up/on-demand content all in a single location.
2. A Functioning AerialTo watch Freeview, your antenna must be in good condition and pointed towards a functional transmitter. While indoor aerials like loft or portable ones may still receive Freeview, it's better to use a roof aerial for optimal results.
If you need extra information to ensure your aerial is working, consult our aerial troubleshooting guide first. If you still have concerns, it is advisable to contact a qualified aerial installer who can provide advice tailored to your area's circumstances and geography to recommend the best option.
Visit these sites to discover aerial installers near you:
- Don't forget to get multiple quotes!
3. A TV LicenceWatching broadcast TV in the UK involves having an annual TV licence, no matter what TV service you use. You may qualify for a free licence or a concession under certain conditions, but most of us have to pay for one - check the TV Licensing website to confirm.
Bear in mind that once you have paid your TV licence, you don't have to pay anything extra with Freeview.
4. An Internet ConnectionIf you just want digital terrestrial Freeview TV channels, an internet connection will not be necessary. However, if you own a Freeview Play device and desire access to catch-up/on-demand content, a minimum of 2Mpbs internet connection is required.
You'll also need all the associated channel apps - BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5 and UKTV Play - at least. For the Freeview mobile app, an Android phone or tablet running Android OS 4.4 KitKat or higher or an iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 or higher is required.
What else do I need?
Don't forget to pay for your TV licence. Once you've paid the fee, Freeview eliminates the necessity for any additional payments. Visit tvlicensing.co.uk for more information. Additionally, keep in mind that you'll need a minimum of 2Mbps internet connection.
If you find yourself in the position of wanting to hang pictures or a new TV and you desire to add some wall decor to create a more unified and finished look in your room, it is important to consider the preparations required before taking up that hammer.In order to securely hang any heavy items such as
Last updated: 07:06 EDT, 18 May 2021Critics of the television program How to Save a Grand in 24 Hours have strongly criticized a mother who spent £300 per month on beauty products but claimed she couldn't afford to remedy the black mold that was growing in her son's bedroom.Anna Wallace, hailing from
Learn how to stream the latest drama, 'No Return,' starring Sheridan Smith. Looking to watch the captivating holiday drama, No Return, online? Discover where you can find the thrilling series.Strongly following the journey of Kathy (Sheridan Smith) and Martin Powell (Michael Jibson), a married couple
If you're interested in scheduling a doctor's appointment using the myGP app, you'll need to follow these steps on your smartphone:1. Input your mobile number and date of birth. It's important to note that this must be the mobile number you provided when registering at your GP surgery.2. Conduct a