Dates for the 2023 Academy Awards can be found here.
When it comes to award season, nothing beats the Oscars, which serve as the de facto gold standard for Hollywood's best films.
The 95th Academy Awards will be held this spring, and Everything Everywhere All At Once is nominated for 11 awards. Here's when and how to watch the Oscars from the United States and the United Kingdom.
You can find out how to watch all of the Best Picture nominees here.
When are the Oscars in 2023?
The 2023 Academy Awards are currently scheduled to take place on Sunday, March 12, 2023, at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre, with exact times to be announced.
It will be televised worldwide. The awards ceremony will be 95 years old in 2023; you can watch a tribute video to the show below, which features many famous faces:
What channel are the Oscars on?
If you live in the United States, the Oscars will be broadcast on ABC.
No plans have yet been confirmed in the United Kingdom. However, in previous years, the ceremony, as well as red carpet coverage, has been broadcast on Sky Cinema Oscars (channel 302).
This is usually followed by a highlights reel on Sky Max the following evening. We will confirm the UK broadcasting plans as the date approaches.
If you aren't already a Sky Cinema subscriber, you can do so on Sky's website. Otherwise, you may be better off watching it online via Now - more on that later.
How to Stream the Academy Awards Online
US viewers who won't be near a TV have an easy option: go to the ABC website to watch the entire show live, or use the ABC app to watch it. The show will also be available on Hulu Live TV and YouTube TV.
The show will most likely be available to UK viewers via Sky's Now Cinema Membership, which costs £9. 99 dollars per month Again, we will confirm if this is still the case as the date approaches.
Who will host the Oscars in 2023?
Jimmy Kimmel will host the ceremony for the third time. He previously served as host in 2017 and 2018.
Who are the nominees for the Academy Awards in 2023?
This year's Oscar nominations include 23 categories. Everything, Everywhere, All at Once leads the pack, with 11 nominations. It is followed by All Quiet on the Western Front and The Banshees of Inisherin, both of which are nominated for nine awards.
Angela Bassett also makes Marvel history by becoming the first actor to be nominated for an Academy Award for her performance in an MCU film. This honor is in recognition of her performance as Queen Ramonda in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
Here are the complete list of nominees:
An actor's performance in a leading role
- "Elvis" star Austin Butler
- "The Banshees of Inisherin," starring Colin Farrell
- Brendan Fraser in "The Whale"
- "Aftersun" star Paul Mescal
- Bill Nighy in "Living"
An actor's performance in a supporting role
- Brendan Gleeson as the Banshees of Inisherin in "The Banshees of Inisherin"
- "Causeway" star Brian Tyree Henry
- In "The Fabelmans," Judd Hirsch
- "The Banshees of Inisherin" star Barry Keoghan
- "Everything Everywhere All at Once," starring Ke Huy Quan
An actress's performance in a leading role
- Cate Blanchett as Tar
- "Blonde" star Ana de Armas
- "To Leslie," starring Andrea Riseborough
- Michelle Williams in "The Fabelmans"
- Michelle Yeoh in "Everything, Everywhere, At the Same Time"
An actress's performance in a supporting role
- "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" star Angela Bassett
- "The Whale" star Hong Chau
- "The Banshees of Inisherin," starring Kerry Condon
- "Everything Everywhere All at Once," starring Jamie Lee Curtis
- "Everything Everywhere All at Once," starring Stephanie Hsu
Best animated feature film of the year
- Guillermo del Toro, Mark Gustafson, Gary Ungar, and Alex Bulkley star in "Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio."
- Dean Fleischer Camp, Elisabeth Holm, Andrew Goldman, Caroline Kaplan, and Paul Mezey star in "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On."
- Joel Crawford and Mark Swift in "Puss in Boots: The Last Wish"
- Chris Williams and Jed Schlanger from "The Sea Beast"
- Domee Shi and Lindsey Collins in "Turning Red"
Achievement in filmmaking
- James Friend's "All Quiet on the Western Front"
- Darius Khondji's "Bardo, False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths"
- Mandy Walker aka "Elvis"
- "Empire of Light" director Roger Deakins
- Florian Hoffmeister, "Tár"
Costume design accomplishment
- Mary Zophres aka "Babylon"
- "Wakanda Forever" Ruth Carter
- Catherine Martin aka "Elvis"
- Shirley Kurata's "Everything Everywhere All at Once"
- “Mrs Jenny Beavan's "Harris Travels to Paris"
Success in directing
- Martin McDonagh's "The Banshees of Inisherin"
- Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert's song "Everything Everywhere All at Once"
- Steven Spielberg's "The Fabelmans"
- Todd Field (Tár)
- Ruben Stlund's "Triangle of Sadness"
Best documentary film
- Shaunak Sen, Aman Mann, and Teddy Leifer star in "All That Breathes."
- Laura Poitras, Howard Gertler, John Lyons, Nan Goldin, and Yoni Golijov star in "All the Beauty and the Bloodshed."
- Sara Dosa, Shane Boris, and Ina Fichman in "Fire of Love"
- Simon Lereng Wilmont and Monica Hellström's "A House Made of Splinters"
- Daniel Roher, Odessa Rae, Diane Becker, Melanie Miller, and Shane Boris star in "Navalny."
- Kartiki Gonsalves and Guneet Monga, aka "The Elephant Whisperers,"
- Evgenia Arbugaeva and Maxim Arbugaev "Haulout"
- "How Do You Calculate a Year?" Jay Rosenblatt's
- Anne Alvergue and Beth Levison, "The Martha Mitchell Effect"
- Joshua Seftel and Conall Jones in "Stranger at the Gate"
Success in film editing
- Mikkel E. Larsen's "The Banshees of Inisherin" G Nielsen
- Matt Villa and Jonathan Redmond as "Elvis"
- "Everything everywhere at once," says Paul Rogers.
- Monika Willi, "Tár"
- Eddie Hamilton stars in "Top Gun: Maverick."
The year's best international feature film
- Germany's "All Quiet on the Western Front"
- Argentina in 1985 Argentina
- "Near" Belgium
- Poland EO
- Ireland's "The Quiet Girl"
Makeup and hairstyling prowess
- Heike Merker and Linda Eisenhamerová in "All Quiet on the Western Front"
- Naomi Donne, Mike Marino, and Mike Fontaine from "The Batman"
- Camille Friend and Joel Harlow star in "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever."
- Aldo Signoretti, Jason Baird, and "Elvis" Mark Coulier
- Adrien Morot, Judy Chin, and Anne Marie Bradley star in "The Whale."
Achievement in motion picture music composition (original score)
- Volker Bertelmann, "All Quiet on the Western Front,"
- Justin Hurwitz's "Babylon"
- Carter Burwell's "The Banshees of Inisherin"
- "Everything everywhere at once," says Son Lux.
- John Williams' "The Fabelmans"
Achievement in motion picture music composition (original song)
- Diane Warren wrote the music and lyrics for "Applause" from "Tell It Like a Woman."
- "Hold My Hand" from "Top Gun: Maverick" - Lady Gaga and BloodPop wrote the music and lyrics.
- "Lift Me Up" from "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" - Tems, Rihanna, Ryan Coogler, and Ludwig Goransson composed the music; Tems and Ryan Coogler wrote the lyrics.
- "RRR" - "Naatu Naatu" - Music by M M Chandrabose wrote the lyrics for Keeravaani.
- "This Is A Life" is a song by Ryan Lott, David Byrne, and Mitski from the album "Everything Everywhere All at Once."
The year's best motion picture
- Malte Grunert, Producer, "All Quiet on the Western Front"
- Producers of "Avatar: The Way of Water" are James Cameron and Jon Landau.
- Producers: Graham Broadbent, Pete Czernin, and Martin McDonagh for "The Banshees of Inisherin."
- Producers include "Elvis" Baz Luhrmann, Catherine Martin, Gail Berman, Patrick McCormick, and Schuyler Weiss.
- Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert, and Jonathan Wang are the producers of "Everything Everywhere All at Once."
- Producers of "The Fabelmans" include Kristie Macosko Krieger, Steven Spielberg, and Tony Kushner.
- Producers: "Tá"r Todd Field, Alexandra Milchan, and Scott Lambert
- Producers of "Top Gun: Maverick" include Tom Cruise, Christopher McQuarrie, David Ellison, and Jerry Bruckheimer.
- Erik Hemmendorff and Philippe Bober, Producers of "Triangle of Sadness"
- Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, and Frances McDormand are the producers of "Women Talking."
Success in production design
- Production Design: Christian M. Ernestine Hipper decorated the set for Goldbeck.
- "Avatar: The Way of Water" Production Design: Dylan Cole and Ben Procter; Set Decoration: Vanessa Cole
- Florencia Martin designed the set for "Babylon," and Anthony Carlino decorated it.
- "Elvis" Set Decoration: Bev Dunn; Production Design: Catherine Martin and Karen Murphy
- "The Fabelmans" Production Design: Rick Carter; Set Decoration: Karen O'Hara
The most creative animated short film
- Charlie Mackesy and Matthew Freud's "The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse"
- Amanda Forbis and Wendy Tilby star in "The Flying Sailor."
- Joo Gonzalez and Bruno Caetano, aka "Ice Merchants,"
- Sara Gunnarsdóttir and Pamela Ribon's "My Year of Dickens"
- "An Ostrich Told Me the World Is a Hoax, and I Think I Believe It," Lachlan Pendragon says.
Best short live-action film
- Tom Berkeley and Ross White in "An Irish Goodbye"
- Anders "Ivalu" Walter and Rebecca Pruzan
- Alice Rohrwacher and Alfonso Cuarón star in "Le Pupille."
- Eirik Tveiten and Gaute Lid Larssen in "Night Ride"
- Cyrus Neshvad's "The Red Suitcase"
- Viktor Práil, Frank Kruse, Markus Stemler, Lars Ginzel, and Stefan Korte star in "All Quiet on the Western Front."
- Julian Howarth, Gwendolyn Yates Whittle, Dick Bernstein, Christopher Boyes, Gary Summers, and Michael Hedges star in "Avatar: The Way of Water."
- Stuart Wilson, William Files, Douglas Murray, and Andy Nelson star as "The Batman."
- Michael Keller, "Elvis" David Lee, Wayne Pashley, and "Elvis" David Lee
- Mark Weingarten, James H. Mark Taylor, Al Nelson, Mather, and Al Nelson
Visual effects achievement
- Frank Petzold, Viktor Müller, Markus Frank, and Kamil Jafar in "All Quiet on the Western Front"
- Joe Letteri, Richard Baneham, Eric Saindon, and Daniel Barrett star in "Avatar: The Way of Water."
- Dan Lemmon, Russell Earl, Anders Langlands, and Dominic Tuohy star in "The Batman."
- Geoffrey Baumann, Craig Hammack, R. Dan Sudick and Chris White
- Ryan Tudhope, Seth Hill, Bryan Litson, and Scott R. are the stars of "Top Gun: Maverick." Fisher
- "All Quiet on the Western Front" screenplay by Edward Berger, Lesley Paterson, and Ian Stokell
- Rian Johnson wrote "Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery."
- Kazuo Ishiguro wrote the novel "Living."
- Ehren Kruger, Eric Warren Singer, and Christopher McQuarrie wrote the screenplay for "Top Gun: Maverick," and Peter Craig and Justin Marks wrote the story.
- Sarah Polley wrote the screenplay for "Women Talking."
Screenplay written by the author
- Martin McDonagh's "The Banshees of Inisherin"
- Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert wrote "Everything Everywhere All at Once."
- Steven Spielberg and Tony Kushner wrote "The Fabelmans."
- Todd Field wrote "Tár."
- "Triangle of Sadness" was written by Ruben Stlund.
From our earliest years, we are taught the simple act of switching off a light when we leave a room. As energy costs continue to skyrocket, we all become more sensitive to wasting electricity. But what is the true cost of leaving a light on? And how much is this adding to your monthly bills?As we are
Undoubtedly, Sky broadband provides excellent and dependable Wi-Fi coverage across the United Kingdom. Nevertheless, issues such as "black spots" can still happen, and customers might not have access to their Wi-Fi outside their property, like their front porch or garden. If you encounter these
London Bound: Your Travel Guide from TehranAre you ready to fly from Tehran to London? Plan your trip with this itinerary for a commercial flight, and consider including time at the airports to calculate your total travel time to London. You can also customize this itinerary to choose nearby airports
If you're looking to get in touch with loved ones in Germany while abroad, there are a few things you should know. To call a landline or mobile number in Germany, you'll need to follow a specific dialing format that starts with the IDD or exit code. The country code for Germany is 49, and you'll need to