5 Easy Solutions to Fix Your Sky Q Remote That Isn't Working in 2023
Sky Q is one of the best ways to enjoy a wide variety of high-quality content in the UK, offering satellite television, streaming content, and access to over-the-top services like Netflix, Prime Video, and Spotify. However, a non-functioning Sky Q remote can spoil the viewing experience of the user, especially since there are no physical buttons on the Sky Q box or a remote mobile app to control it. In this guide, we will provide users with troubleshooting solutions to fix Sky Q remote that isn’t working.
I. Troubleshooting Guide
A. Check the batteries
The first thing to check when your Sky Q remote is unresponsive is the batteries. Low or depleted batteries are one of the most common reasons a Sky Q remote stops working. You can follow the following steps to check and replace batteries:
1. Press the tab on the battery cover on the back of your remote to release it, and take it off.
2. Ensure that the batteries are seated correctly in the remote and not leaking or corroded.
3. If the batteries are low or dead, replace them with new ones. We recommend using AAA Alkaline-type batteries as they last longer.
4. Put the battery cover back on and ensure it is secure.
If you replace the batteries, press the ‘?’ button on the Sky Q remote to check if the LED light at the top flashes. If it doesn’t, you have to ensure there are no stuck buttons on the remote. If any seem stuck, push and gently wiggle the button to release it. If the problem persists, move on to the next step.
B. Re-pair the Remote
Your Sky Q remote may have disconnected from the set-top box for unexplained reasons. Use these steps to pair your remote back:
1. Press and hold the 1 and 3 buttons simultaneously on your Sky Q remote. It should open up the “Remote control setup” menu.
2. Click the Continue button and select your TV brand. Once done, choose where it says, “Find it for me”.
3. Now press the Volume keys on your Sky Q remote to see if it changes the TV volume. If it doesn’t, proceed with “No, try another” until it adjusts the volume.
4. Once the remote functions as intended, go through the rest of the on-screen prompts to finish the pairing process.
If your Sky Q remote still isn’t working, press and hold the 7 and 9 buttons together until the remote’s top LED light blinks four times, then reset the remote to its factory state. After which, you can try the above steps to pair it to your Sky Q box.
C. Check the Sky Q Box
If replacing the batteries didn't work, your Sky Q box might be to blame. Pressing the Power or Standby button on the front of the set-top box should see the LED indicator turning from red or amber to green or vice versa. Here are a few steps that could help you with this issue:
1. Press the Standby button on your Sky Q box, and switch it off or unplug the cable from the mains. Ensure that the front LED indicator on the box isn’t glowing.
2. Next, plug in the power cable and switch your Sky Q back on from the mains, followed by pressing the Standby button on the box or remote.
3. When the Sky Q box boots back into the interface, press the Home or navigation buttons on the remote to find out if it works.
To prevent this issue from recurring in the future, we recommend disabling Eco Mode on your Sky Q box. Go to Settings from your Sky Q Home page, select Setup, then click Preferences, and then the “Standby mode” option. Now, you can opt-out of the Eco Mode.
It’s essential to keep the Sky Q set-top box well-ventilated in a non-enclosed space with at least ten cm of room on all sides of the box, away from other heat-generating electronics and direct sunlight. Overheating can cause the set-top box to not wake up from standby or register remote signals.
D. Fix Sky Q Remote Voice Control Not Working
If you have a voice-enabled Sky Q remote but can’t use voice commands, try restarting the set-top box first. Reseating or replacing batteries with properly aligned minus and plus signs might also help to restore voice control functions. Here are a few steps to check the connection status:
1. Press the Home button on your remote, then navigate to the Settings.
2. Scroll down to the Status screen and click Network connection.
3. Confirm there’s a tick next to both “Connection to broadband router” and “Connection to internet.”
4. If there’s a crossmark next to either option, click the Reset option on the Status screen and follow the on-screen instructions to reconnect your Sky Q to the internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
E. Fix Sky Q Remote Touchpad Not Working
The Sky Q Touch Remote allows you to navigate menus by swiping on the circular touchpad. In many instances, users have complained about touch controls not working on the Sky Q remote only to discover that the touch controls are disabled from the settings. Perform these steps to enable touch controls on a Sky Q remote:
1. Head to the Settings menu on your Sky Q box.
2. Select Setup in the left-hand sidebar, then Remote Control.
3. In the following menu, choose Sky Q Touch Remote, followed by pressing the 1 and 3 buttons simultaneously to pair it (if you haven’t already).
4. Finally, highlight and click Touch Control and make sure it says “On” next to the option.
If the remote’s touchpad still does not work, restarting your Sky Q box might resolve the problem.
In conclusion, a malfunctioning Sky Q remote control can be frustrating, but we hope this guide will help you troubleshoot and fix the issue. If you’ve gone through our solutions, and the remote still isn’t working, there may be a more serious problem with it or your Sky Q box. In that case, we recommend contacting Sky for additional help.
From our earliest years, we are taught the simple act of switching off a light when we leave a room. As energy costs continue to skyrocket, we all become more sensitive to wasting electricity. But what is the true cost of leaving a light on? And how much is this adding to your monthly bills?As we are
Undoubtedly, Sky broadband provides excellent and dependable Wi-Fi coverage across the United Kingdom. Nevertheless, issues such as "black spots" can still happen, and customers might not have access to their Wi-Fi outside their property, like their front porch or garden. If you encounter these
London Bound: Your Travel Guide from TehranAre you ready to fly from Tehran to London? Plan your trip with this itinerary for a commercial flight, and consider including time at the airports to calculate your total travel time to London. You can also customize this itinerary to choose nearby airports
If you're looking to get in touch with loved ones in Germany while abroad, there are a few things you should know. To call a landline or mobile number in Germany, you'll need to follow a specific dialing format that starts with the IDD or exit code. The country code for Germany is 49, and you'll need to